Technology leaders at an upscale multinational supermarket chain were tasked with finding more creative ways to capture shopper attention before they reached the aisles. Already known for advancing in-store innovation through digital technology and intelligent merchandising, the chain expanded its digital signage strategy to store entrances, positioning indoor portrait kiosks in the foyer areas where the customer journey begins.
Scope of Work
Palmer Digital Group (PDG) specified its 55-inch indoor portrait kiosks (IDPK55) with Samsung QM50R displays for the multi-state rollout, providing a fully integrated solution with media players inside sleek, protective enclosures. Custom design elements include adjustable feet to ensure balance on unlevel floors, and heavy-textured powder paint to prevent damage from unsecured shopping carts and other objects.
- PDG recommended Samsung QM50R displays to present visual content with exceptional quality, including QR codes for in-store coupons
- Scratch-resistant paint protects against rolling carts and other objects that can strike and damage kiosk enclosures
- Pre-integrated solutions included all media, network, and power systems, with interior trays that carefully house each component and simplify maintenance procedures
- PDG expertly managed rollout program through direct shipping of kiosks to each store
- Consistent communication with installers and end customer ensured kiosks were received and installed on the exact planned dates for each location
PDG Value Proposition
“The customer experience is always top of mind for our retail and restaurant projects and we were inspired to raise our creative bar for this particular client, which has a reputation for reimagining the grocery store experience through digital innovation,” said Chuck Lewis, Vice President, Palmer Digital Group. “We chose displays with bold saturated colors common on today’s digital menu boards that captivate shoppers as they enter their stores, and invite them to engage with QR codes that increase in-store sales while helping shoppers save money. By adding custom leveling feet, resistant coatings, and dynamic media players to reliably publish digital signage content, we have provided this customer with a complete indoor kiosk solution that further elevates their reputation as a brick-and-mortar innovator.”