A longtime Chicago-area quick-service restaurant has seen rapid expansion in recent years, bringing its brand of quality Chicago street food to nearly 70 locations in nine states. To keep pace with the competitive QSR and fast casual business, the company launched an initiative to digitize its indoor and outdoor ordering systems at 51 locations, with additional locations to follow in future phases.
Scope of Work
Palmer Digital Group (PDG) developed a turnkey solution that provided a custom solution for each restaurant, taking into account each location’s unique architectural design, regional climate, and indoor configuration. PDG’s full-service approach, which includes systems design and installation, uniquely positioned PDG as a full-service solutions provider that could help the growing QSR chain enhance the customer experience indoors and outdoors.
- PDG recommended drive-thru system upgrades featuring outdoor triple digital menu boards, outdoor single digital menu boards, and/or outdoor canopy systems based on each store’s requirements
- Designed and installed digital menu board enclosures while utilizing PDG’s “Process Flow” to specify appropriate solutions for each site, and manage challenging timelines across all project phases
- Custom-designed indoor display mounts where required to establish more aesthetically pleasing visual installations
- Successfully deployed indoor and outdoor systems that take customer sightlines, environmental conditions, and menu board legibility into account
- Careful systems design approach ensures system longevity and reliability while increasing customer receipts
PDG Value Proposition
“PDG’s superior ODMB and kiosk design, responsive customer service and 360-degree solutions approach differentiates us from companies that focus strictly on product sales or installation services,” said Chuck Lewis, Vice President, Palmer Digital Group. “As an Illinois-based company, many of us at Palmer Digital Group grew up eating at these restaurants. We also consider them local heroes as we watch them grow as a business. We are excited on a personal level to help them create the QSR industry’s next great modernization initiative.”
*Image above is generic to protect the identity of the QSR brand.*